My personal, home PS is a Compac running Windows XP.

I have Norton antivirus and keep live update on 24/7.

somehow, two virus/trojans are on my machine.

Keylogger.trojan in
C:|WINDOWS|dorta32.dll

and

Backdoor.Tofger in
C:|WINDOWS\sachost.exe

norton is unable to delete, quarantine, or repair it.

The Norton Site leads me to pages that require that I do all sorts of things like
turn off auto restore, start in Safe Mode, back up my registry, and a lot of other
really complicated things.  I have spent the last several hours reading the help
pages that "explain how to do all this" and quite frankly, don't understand a word
of any of it.

Any suggestions?  In all these years, this is the very first time any type of virus
has been on my machine and I've no idea how they got there as I never open any
attachments from anyone on my home machine.  My husband and daughter should know
better too.  Is it possible to get something just by opening an email or accessing
a website now?

Dawn M. Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library