At the January 2004 ALA Mid-Winter Conference, the first meeting of the

AASL/ALSC/YALSA Joint Task Force on School/Public Library Partnerships

met.  Part of our charge is to create a clearinghouse of ideas, activities,
programs  and services.

We would like to solicit:

1.      Information on existing programs, their funding source, and the name and
contact information of the point person;

2.      Cautionary tales, i.e. programs and/or experiments that did not succeed and
why;

3.      References to articles and websites that pertain to this subject

4.      Your favorite letter, project, flyer etc. that you believe is worthy of
replication in a best practices manual;

As we would like to review this information at ALA Annual ’04, we would appreciate
your timely response.  We plan to share our results at a program at ALA Annual
2005.  We are posting this message on several listservs.  Please excuse any
duplication, and you need to reply only once.

Thank you so much for your input,
Gail Bush
Associate Professor and Director, School Library Media Program
GSLIS, Dominican University
Formerly Curriculum Librarian, Maine West High School, Des Plaines, IL