I am very needy today . . .

My boss (the real librarian) and I inherited an entirely uncatalogued
video collection - organized just by title (sometimes by "The"). So we
have tackled this undertaking and find ourselves going back and forth
and over and over where to put dramatizations of historical events, ie
Roots, Joan of Arc, and so on and so on. The librarian in us says to put
it in fiction - they are dramatizations, after all. The teacher-friendly
helpful side of us says to throw it in with the Deweys under the right
historical subject so people browsing can easily find it. Especially
since our history department is our biggest user. The librarian side
says they will find it wherever it is because now it is in the catalog
and they should be happy to look there instead of blankly staring at a
wall of videos for thirty minutes. The teacher-friendly side says they
are too trained into staring and are going to struggle with the switch
to the catalog and will balk at things labelled 'fiction.'
What do you guys do?
We are avoiding the generic 791s like the plague.

Sara Zoe Patterson
Library Facilitator
Hawley Library Media Center
Winnacunnet High School