Will it make anyone feel better to know that some of us are working at
year-round schools? I finish this school year on June 24 and go back to work
for 2004-2005 on July 2. I have a total of 4 days between the end of one
school year and the start of the next! I do not go off-track like other
teachers do because the library is always needed. I do work the same number
of days as other teachers by working a 4 day week, taking 2 weeks of
vacation, and getting a few Fridays off during the year.
Now that I've whined, how do others who work in year-round schools cope with
closing out one school year while simultaneously preparing to start up a new
year? I feel like I've got all of my normal work, plus finishing up, and
planning for next year.
Dana Stemig
Library Media Teacher
Modesto City Schools District