Hi all.....

I'm a veteran in education (29 years), but it's my first year as a =
librarian.  Although I set personal goals and created a student impact =
plan and was evaluated by an administrator, those tools really do not =
indicate the kind of support and collaborative abilities I have provided =
for my colleagues.  The tool which we use for classroom observation and =
evaluation is not, in my opinion effective in obtaining infomration =
regarding the services and collaboration provided to peers.

Do any of you have instruments which you use to obtain such information?

If so, and you're willing to share, please answer me offline -- especially =
if you plan to attach an example to your answer -- as you can not attach =
memos to this Listserv.  If anyone is interested in the information that I =
collect, just let me know and I'll share all that is shared with me.

Those of you who are out of school, happy summer!  I'm one of those who =
will not get out until next Friday.
Here is my theory...... children should never know on which day school =
will end.  Instead, one day we should just say....."Go home and don't =
return until next year!"  The last days have been painful.  We're working =
in the library preparing for closure.... Teachers are desparately trying =
to tie up all the loose ends..... and kids are trying to unravel the last =
few days so they can get to break sooner!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend.  Please take some time to remember the real =
meaning of this weekend.  We have lost many young men and women in the =
past 15 months.
Despite how any of feel about the war, we all need to take some time to =
praise and honor those who have paid the supreme price in the name of =
democracy.  To any of you who may have lost family and friends to this war =
or others, as an American, I am grateful for what has been done for us =
all.  May we realize world peace soon!

Readingly yours,
Chris

Christine L. Evans, librarian