     Greetings,

     My name is Patricia Banasiewicz (Buh na' suh witz), or Patricia or Mrs. B.  I
have been a teacher of English for 24 years and decided I wanted to do something
different for my remaining years.  Library Science and Information seems a perfect
fit.
     I am married and have three children, two of whom are also married.  In fact,
I am expecting my first grandchildren (twins) in November.  My husband and I own
the Badcock Furniture stores in Hartsville and Bishopville and our oldest son works
with us.
     My mother was the primary reading influence in my life.  She would stay up
late at night, after putting the six children to bed, and read into the wee hours.
Her tastes centered on biographies and nonfiction.  My father, on the other hand,
loved westerns.  Thus, I grew up reading what my parents read, and adding my own
tastes as the years rolled by.  I enjoy fiction and nonfiction, leaning more toward
nonfiction Christian books now.  However, because of my early childhood, eclectic
describes my tastes in literature.
     My sisters and I were regular consumers at the local library.  The most
fascinating novel I read in my younger years was Exodus by Leon Uris.  I read that
novel when I was in the seventh grade because my mother recommended it.  It is
still one of my favorite books because it teaches as well as entertains.
     I am looking forward to this class.  The 'grapevine' says it is a wonderful
course with a wonderful instructor.