Greetings

Right on, Dan.  While the survivors of , "The Day After Tomorrow" may
have burned books, the focus of their attention was a voluminous set
of tax guides.

ps; This is definitely a movie that you want to see on a big screen
with surround sound and all the other goodies.

>According to reports on other Library lists, the librarian is one of
>the heroes... maybe the trick is knowing which books to burn <g>
>
>(however, I'll probably wait for its appearance on cable)
>
>Dan Robinson
>HW Wilson Company
>Bronx, NY
>drobinson@hwwilson.com
>
>On 30 May 2004 at 19:35, sbrisco wrote:
>
>>  One of the movie critics who spoke on Friday about "The Day After Tomorrow"
>>  was a bit annoyed with the movie and mentioned "the main character is
>>  looking for his son who has taken shelter in the NYC Public Library....and
>>  with all of the wooden tables and chairs in the library, rest assured that
>>  the characters were keeping warm by burning the books!"
>>
>>  I thought...boy that one will play big with librarians across the country!
>>  (How many political buttons can we push with one major disaster movie??
>>  Obviously, one too many!)
>>
>>  ~Shonda Brisco
>>  Trinity Valley MS / US Librarian
>>  Fort Worth, TX
>>  briscos@trinityvalleyschool.org

John Goldsmith,
Fraser Valley  Distance Education School
49520 Prairie Central Road, Chilliwack, B.C.  Canada   V2P 6H3

Voice:  (604) 794-7310  Fax:  (604) 795-8480
E-Mail: jgoldsmith@rainbow.fvrcs.gov.bc.ca