I couldn't agree with Marie more -- I guess my advice could be summed up =
in the phrase - "go with the flow"  Halloween was a mess - most students =
were in costume- and conducting a class was next to impossible. Today is =
election day and they are all  discussing that - so this morning I =
allowed more spirited debate than usual. Other days - the library is an =
oasis of quiet - so it all works out in the end. I guess you have to =
remember "and this too shall pass"  - I have always preached in my =
Graduate school classes - lose the item- lose the rule - but don't lose =
your patience or the student. Be careful of humor - what you think is a =
funny quip may sound like an insult to a young adult. Also, let them =
have their love affairs, their fights- their upsets - but remember you =
are the adult - you are the professional - you are not their best buddy.

Allan

Dr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo (Brother Donogh Allan, MGC)
Bishop Kearney High School Library
125 Kings Highway South
Rochester, New York 14617

585-342 - 4000 x231
585-342 - 4694  (FAX)

acuseo@bkhs.org

Education in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and the School =
Sisters of Notre Dame
FAC OMNIA BENE (Do all things well)

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: The information contained in =
this electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may =
contain confidential information that is legally privileged and =
confidential. The information is intended only for the use of the =
recipients (s) named above. If you have received this electronic message =
in error, please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. =
Any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in =
reliance on the contents of the information received in error is =
strictly prohibited.

=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20