Thank you for your responses!  I appreciate it.

- Cindy

Hello everyone!

I have a fourth grade teacher who is planning to have her students

write a letter to their favorite authors.  Does anyone know of a website

that contains authors contact information?  Or, what is the best way to

go about doing this?

Audrey Wood (www.audreywood.com) is great with correspondence and so is

Jerdine Nolen (www.jerdinenolen.com) (her's was not working last time I

tried for some reason though...maybe she was updating it).  Both have

contact information on their websites.

Cindy, what is most appropriate is to have the teacher send the letters

to the author care of the publisher. The publisher's address is usually

on the copyright page. If it's not there, you can get publishers'

addresses from cbcbooks.com or from these reference books: Literary

Marketplace or the Children's Writer's Guide. Both can be found in your local

library.

I hope this helps.

Jan Brett is great to write to...her website is www.janbrett.com.

I had one of my classes to write her a letter a few years ago and she

wrote

the class a letter back.

www.alanbrown.com

Cindy Lund Moreno, Elementary Librarian