From: Jeff and Michele Lind [mailto:jmlind@GONDTC.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 2:22 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [LM_NET] GEN: Draw Me a Star

LM_NETTERS:
I believe a few weeks ago I read here about a challenge for the book, "Draw
Me a Star" by Eric Carle. Right away, I went to the public library here to
check out the book and see what the fuss was about. I paged through the book
and didn't find anything concerning. My sister read the book to my
4-year-old daughter; and then tonight, I read the book to my daughter with
no comments or remarks from her. But, as I was looking at the picture of the
humans, I thought something looked strange. Believe it or not, the librarian
or library staff had used white out on the lady's pelvic area. Being a
staunch supporter of the right to read, I scratched that white out right
off. I hope that's not considered "damaging" a public library book, but,
rather, "repairing" a book. I just wonder how long it will take before this
is discovered by the staff again. How sad ....

Michele Lind, library science student
Valley City State University, North Dakota
residing in Rugby, North Dakota
jmlind@gondtc.com