This has been one of the worst days and I am just about ready to hang it
up...medicinal help may be needed <grin>.
First, I found out that when I completed my degree over two years ago the
people in charge at the board did not send in the necessary paperwork...so I am
still listed with the state as a classroom teacher with a Masters.  Because I
went the public library route ( for many reasons but that is another story) the
board was suppose to apply for a provisional certificate and then at the end
of two years my certificate would be changed.  You guessed it!  They didn't
send in the request and now I have to wait TWO MORE YEARS to get my
certification!  That was the ruling I got from the state department today when I
got home.
That was after being berated by a teacher because I "hurt her student's
feelings".  I was having class and my students kept seeing heads jumping up in the
windows of the library doors.  I told them to ignore it.  My library doors are
in a busy hallway and children are always doing this.  But it kept happening
so I stopped and went to the door and there were three students standing there
laughing.  They said they had come to check out books.  Since that is not
allowed when I have a class I told them to go back to class because they were
disrupting the library and told them they knew better...and yes, I was using my
teacher's "disapproving" voice.  There were three teachers chatting in the hall
(must be nice to have the time!) and none of them said anything to the little
angels while they were jumping around, but made sure that the teacher knew I
had "spoken harshly" to the children.  She came after school to tell me I had
hurt their feelings because the children had read the schedule wrong and
thought it was open checkout time. They were jumping to see in, to see if I had a
class. "They had to keep jumping because they weren't tall enough to see in the
window". (Why not just open the door slightly? And if they thought the
schedule said it was open time, why would they look to see if I had a classs? And
why keep jumping if they couldn't see...did they think they'd be taller on the
next jump? <grin>). She was just covering for the fact that she didn't look at
the schedule  before sending the students during someone else's class. But I
told her I would apologize to the students tomorrow for hurting their feelings,
 but inside I really feel like they should apologize for being disruptive
outside my door.
Oh well, just another day in paradise!
Feeling better after my vent!
Jeanna Dennis  LMS