There is a story very similar to this called: Wilfred Gordon MacDonald
Partridge by Mem Fox.

It is about a small boy who lives next door to an old people's home. He
tries to discover what a memory is so that he can restore that of an elderly
friend. He collects things and then goes back to her and revives some of her
memories.

It is a beautiful story that really brings tears to the eyes.

Liz Smillie

Teacher Librarian

Jakarta International School

esmillie@jisedu.or.id <mailto:esmillie@jisedu.or.id>