An added point about Wilfred Gordon MacDonald
 Partridge by Mem Fox, is that it is based on her father or mother. Another
picture book, My Place,by Nadia Wheatley, is sort of about the memory of a
place.  It goes from the time when the aborginees lived on uncleared land,
up to modern day Sydney. From 1988-1788 a child from each decade tells a
unique story about "my place"  There is an activity book that one used to be
able to buy which gives lots of ideas about how to use the book for family
stories and lots of other things.  The ISBN for it is 9-85924803-8  and it
is called My Place Teachers' Book by Eve Recht
Dona
(Only 28 sleeps to go till I am "home" in the States!)
Dona Hartwich
Senior Librarian
Horsham College
Horsham Victoria Australia