I recently left a library job at a college, and am now working at a school library.
I have no previous experience with "Parent Volunteers", and I know from past
experience that this is the group to ask.

What are the parameters that you set for Parent Volunteers? I only have 2
currently, and as this is my only help I don't want to alienate anyone, however I
seem to have one who likes to "run the library" so to speak. She has gone over my
head on several occasion to speak to the principal about my budgetary needs;
question the IT teacher over the needs of the library computers, and opened the
library the day I was out sick (it was her volunteer day but I had let her know
that I would not be in that day - I had signs posted as well) students were in and
out (she does not know yet how to check books in/out). I have spoken to her on
several occasions, with no effect it seems.

Besides the "rant" I am looking for some written guidelines that I can use to
prevent further aggravation on my part.

PS: I do feel better!

Thank you,
Rhonda