Sorry, there WERE more postings :-)

A number of people suggested looking at the big6 site for info and ideas.
www.big6.com

Someone suggested I have Mike Eisenberg come and work with my staff (if it
were only that easy....)

Here are the remaining suggestions:

You could divide the teachers into groups and give each group a
newspaper. Have them outline the Big6 steps to finding a movie to go
see. One person will be the scribe and one will be the presenter. Ask
them to use the Big6 process to find a movie and then ask them to
present the process to the rest of the group.
You could also do a scavenger hunt in the library and ask them to use
the Big6 to find a particular book or piece of information (again one
would be a scribe and one would be a presenter).
After activities such as these you would ask each group to evaluate
the process they used and then ask the others in the room to evaluate
the presentation.

Susan Grisby

At a Big 6 training we were divided into small groups and given an envelop
of pictures cut from magazines.  We were to use the Big 6 guildlines using
the pictures to create our story line (research project)

Most all of the groups forgot that we don't have to use all of the pictures
(infomation) in our project - only the important "facts".

We then were to explain our use of Big6.

This was a quick, hands on assignment that drove home the important points
of Big6.

Martha Pilegard, Sanger, CA

Rena Deutsch, Librarian
Bayard Rustin HS for the Humanities