Thanks to those of you who responded to my request for Mali books for 3rd
graders.  Below are the responses I received.

Quigley, Mary, 1963-.  Ancient West African kingdoms : Ghana, Mali, &
Songhai.  Chicago : Heinemann Library, c2002.

Armentrout, David.  Ghana, Mali, Songhay.  Vero Beach, FL: Rourke Publishing
LLC, 2004.

O'Toole, Thomas.  Mali in pictures.  Minneapolis: Lerner Publications
Company, 1990.

Shuter, Jane.  Ancient West African kingdoms.  Chicago:  Heinemann Library,
c2003.

Masoff, Joy.  Mali : land of gold & glory.  Waccabuc, NY:  Five Ponds Press,
2002.

Diakité, Baba Wagué.  The magic gourd.  1st ed.  New York:  Scholastic Press,
2003.

Diakité, Baba Wagué.  The hatseller and the monkeys: a West African folktale.
 1st ed.  New York : Scholastic Press,1999.

Wisniewski, David.  Sundiata : lion king of Mali.  New York:  Clarion, c1992.
***One of those responding said that Hanover County Public School website has
lessons plans for this book.

Winter, Jeanette.  My baby.  1st ed.  New York: Farrar Straus and Giroux,
2001.

Burns, Khephra.  Mansa Musa : the lion of Mali.  1st ed.  San Diego, Calif. :
Harcourt, c2001.

Roundtree, Katherine.  My little African king.  [New York]:  Writers and
Readers Pub. for Black Butterfly Books, c1999.

Thank you so much!

Julie E. Bowie
teacher/library science student
David A. Harrison Elementary