Gee, I wouldn’t be in any great hurry to make up new genre tags – you’ll end
up making it a full-time job!  If it were my library, I’d be simply shelving
with fiction, and using a standard genre tag (eg adventure, mystery,
whatever), and adding the words historical metafiction (or maybe just
metafiction if the software restricts usage to single words) to the subject
headings for both the individual entry and/or in the authority file of my
OPAC database (depending on your system).

Amanda Credaro
Special Projects Officer
Secondary Science and Mathematics Team,
Learning Design and Resource Development Unit,
Centre for Learning Innovation,
Department of Education and Training

51 Wentworth Rd
Strathfield  NSW  2135

Phone       61 2 9715 8630
Facsimile   61 2 9715 8628
E-mail      amanda.credaro@det.nsw.edu.au

Robert Eiffert wrote:

Oh, Great! As though I don't have enough catalog work to do! Now I get to go
fix MORE genre tags.....

Speaking of shooting in the other foot, one time I recommended Martin's PS
Longer Letter Later, making a comment about it being Epistolary Fiction.
Couple of days on, she is back. And taking me to task because I don't have
anything else like it! Yup, on the screen is Epistolary and one hit.....

Robert Eiffert, Librarian
Pacific Middle School, Vancouver WA
Pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library
Beiffert at egreen wednet edu