Tolstoy,
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, =

Boris Pasternak, =

Nabokov,

Scotland
Lingard, Joan Between Two Worlds
Hunter, Mollie Cat, Herself
Furlong, Monica Wise Child
Alexander McCall Smith mysteries set in Botswana?

South Africa
Naido, Beverley Chain of Fire
Rochman, Hazel, ed. Somehow Tenderness Survives: Stories of South Africa
Paton, Alan Cry,  the Beloved Country =

Nadine Gordimer
Andre Brink =

Spain
"The Shadow of the Wind"
Cervantes,
Internet Public Library -- go to
http://www.ipl.org/div/litcrit/bin/litcrit.out.pl?pd=3DSpanish:+20th+Cent=
ury

Sweden
Pohl, Peter I Miss You, I Miss You
Gripe, Maria Agnes Cecilia

Thailand
Ho, Minfong (lives in NY) Rice Without Rain

Trinidad
VS Naipaul

Amazon.com has a new international feature on its website.  I'm not sure
how well it works.  Typically, what I do is enter a search on Amazon or
Barnes and Nobles website for "spanish literature" or "french literature"=

and I get a list of what's available in English.   There are Amazon.com
sites for most developed countries:  Amazon.UK, for example.

VICTOR HUGO, CHARLES E. WILBOUR Les Miserables (Modern Library)
 =

Isabel Allende _The House of the Spirits_ =

Gabriel  Garcia Marquez _One Hundred Years of Solitude (Oprah's Book =

Club)_ =

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress :  A Novel
by _DAI  SIJIE_ =

Rohinton Mistry _A  Fine Balance_ =

Waiting by _Ha  Jin_

Michael Kruger, , Isabel Allende, , Jose Saramago, , Jostein Gaarder,
Fyodor  Henri Charriere, Christa  Wolf, Gabriel Marquez, Arturo
Perez-Reverte, Moliere, Amos Oz, Antoine  Peter Schneider, Amin Maalouf,
Uwe Timm, Isaac Bashevis =

Singer, Haruki Murakami, Thomas Mann, , Boris =

Kenzabury Oe, Homer, Elie Wiesel, Luisa Valensuela, =

Bertolt Brecht, Primo Levi, , Paul Coelho, Arundhati Roy, =

Miecea Eliade, Bharati Mukherjee.

How about Eva Ibbotson   ( eg:  Journey to the riversea)

Douglas Adams Hitchhiker series

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany