Hi folks,

I had the chance to read the complete report, Tech Tonic, just out from the
Alliance for Childhood <http://www.allianceforchildhood.net/>.

I was sympathetic to their 2000 =B3Fools Gold=B2 report and used it to ask some
serious questions about technology use in our own district. This new report
again raises some excellent questions regarding the implementation and use
of technology in schools (despite its rather odd assertion that using
technology equates to being anti-environmental). We would be remiss in
simply discounting the assertions made by this group.

When I read a document like this, I remind myself that professionally I am =
child advocate first, educator second, and technologist a distant third. In
that spirit, I hope all of use who are responsible for technology use with
children read and discuss the report.

Thanks for listening,

Doug

Doug Johnson
Director of Media and Technology
Mankato Area Public Schools
Box 8713, 1351 S Riverfront Dr.
Mankato MN 56001-8714
507-387-7698 x 473
dougj@doug-johnson.com
www.doug-johnson.com
=20
If you want your children to be brilliant, read them fairly tales. If you
want them to be geniuses, read them more fairy tales. (attributed to Albert
Einstein)
=20