Dear LM_NET:

I am searching for romance novels appropriate for my middle
school students.  Almost everything in teen and young adult
books is way too mature for middle school and would almost
certainly wreak havoc among parents in my conservative
community.

When I was in middle school, I remember a wonderful little
series of romance books called Sweet Dreams - light stand
alone stories of a teenage girl's first love. They were
relatively tame and innocent in nature, so they have
naturally been taken out of print.

Any ideas?  I will post a hit if I can get a list of
recommendations.

Thanks!
Leigh

P.S.  I agree with those who would say we shouldn't be
encouraging romance among 12 year olds.  However, they want
to read about it, and I would MUCH rather them read more
positive romantic stories at this age than the incredibly
erotic ones being offered by the teen book publishers!