I must have grown up REALLY sheltered as I have not had any 'bad'
connotation attached to sucks...however, suck is found in the
dictionary in MS Word...last meaning is 'to be very bad or inferior"
(slang). I have always associated it with a derogatory meaning when
used as you illustrate and I would have probably been just as upset if
the person had used stinks in the same reference!

Barb Engvall

Teacher-Librarian
John Campbell Elem
Selah, WA