I received so many great responses, and have been asked to share them, so
here they are. Thank you to all of you who responded.  You are a great bunch
of friends!

Celebrate School!

could tie in with how a free education is not the norm around the world.
Opportunity to learn things
Be with friends
Do fun stuff--color, make things,  music etc.
Enjoy books

Celebrate:  World Celebrations
This could tie in with books which would educate about cultures around
the world...a social studies tie-in maybe?
You could also choose different WAYS that people celebrate, like
dancing, singing or something with musical instruments and create a
theme around those and/or bring in autobiographies of famous
dancers/singers, etc.
Of course, food is another big part of lots of celebrations so that
could be another sub-theme all by itself, I suppose.

I'm doing Great Beginnings this year.  I have the date
of the first day of school as a Great Beginning for
the 2204-2005 Nardin School Year, followed by opening
lines from books.  "Celebrate Great Beginnings"

How about "Celebrate - you CAN read!"

A list of genres

How about "Celebrate Good Times ... In the Library."

   I was out "school clothes" shopping today and I saw a play on words in
one of the store windows. Instead of "Back to School", they had "Back to
Cool". What about this--"Back to Cool! Celebrate the Library!

How about "Celebrate learning @ your library!"

Celebrate @ the Library

Hoe about celebrating being an American citizen?  September 11 is Patriot's

How about celebrate autumn, and feature book jackets from seasonal books....

How about celebrating diversity:

    fiction in verse, fiction in prose, non-fiction (history,etc), graphic
novels, recorded books and so on.

You could break it down lots of ways.

Why not use some of the "@ your library" themes from the ALA website?  We
started off with
"Get the score @ your library" and used the olympic theme, circles and books
about the athletes from past olympics and the sports that are in the
olympics as well as about Greece/Athens.  When they end we'll use the same
theme with school sports....football and volleyball.  We plan to use the
logo with different phrases up front during the year....  It's catchy!

enchantedlearning.com has a monthly calendar
highlighting different areas of the curriculum- next
month is Hispanic Heritage month, this month is
American Artists and Illustrators month (I'm having an
artist visit)

CELEBRATE Library Behaviors, with a behavior listed on each book posted.
It's colorful when adding balloons and confetti to turn it into a
celebration!

Raynette Schulte
Lincoln School Librarian
Watertown, SD
schulter@wtn.k12.sd.us

"To every complex situation, there is a simple solution.  But it's the wrong
solution."- Anonymous