Hi everyone,
Awhile ago I asked for an I-movie help sheet.  Since no one had any, I
made my own, and many of you asked for it, so I decided to post a hit.
This obviously doesn't cover everything, but gives the basics as I
wanted to keep it to one page.  Thanks!

I-Movie Help Sheet
1.      CLIPS:
        a.      Click on the clips icon in the lower right corner (several boxes
should appear above).
        b.      You may import movie clips from a digital camera (connect, make
sure you have it on camera, not edit in the lower right hand corner and
select import), or desktop                      (drag into one of the clip boxes).
        c.      The clips appear in the various boxes.
        d.      Simply drag the clips from the box into the timeline at the bottom
of the screen in the order you want them.
2.      PHOTOS:
        a.      You can select photos from your I-photo library and drag them into
the timeline.
        b.      You can adjust the length of a picture by adjusting the hare and
tortoise.
        c.      You can adjust the focus of your picture by zooming in or out.
        d.      You also may chose to apply the Ken Burns effect which makes the
picture move in or out and gives a sense of movement to a still photo.
3.      AUDIO:
        a.      You can add music by selecting a song from your I-tunes.  You can
click on the blue notes and drag to the desired spot below your clips
or click on “place at play head”    to have the song start at the
beginning of your movie.
        b.      You can also add a variety of I-movie sound effects by dragging the
effect you want into the story board and place it where you want it.
        c.      Finally, you can record your own voice-over by pressing the red
button by microphone.
        d.      Once you have audio in-place, you can adjust the volume by simply
clicking on the sound effect line and dragging it up or down as
desired.
4.      TITLES:
        a.      Type in the words you want right above the tabs in the lower right
corner.
        b.      Select the font, size, and color right above what you typed.
        c.      If you just want the title on a black screen, check the over black
box, if you want it over your picture, uncheck this box.
        d.      Above the font you may chose the effect you want for your title.
        e.      And above the effect, you may adjust how fast you want your title
to do the effect, as well as the pause – or how long you want it to
last.
        f.      When you have everything the way you want it, click on the blue T
by the effect and drag it to where you want it in your movie.
5.      TRANS:
        a.      You can select the transition effect you would like to use between
the various titles, clips or photos in your I-movie.
        b.      Click on the blue box before the effect and drag it to where you
want it in your movie.
6.      EFFECTS:
        a.      You can select the effect you would like to use by selecting the
clip (turns blue) and then clicking on the various effect.
        b.      For this one to be implemented, you must click apply.

Sheri Haveman
Librarian
Pella Christian High School
604 Jefferson