Based upon recommendations from members of this listserv, we hired Walter
the Giant Storyteller to speak to our students as part of our National
Library Week celebration.  He was fabulous!

High school students are not known for providing much feedback, but what
they said was all positive.  Students were especially fond of his
performance of "The Three Little Pigs" as a rap.

Our English teachers were a bit hesitant to sign up their classes to hear a
"storyteller", but they found their time with Walter was well-spent.  One
teacher was particularly pleased with Walter addressing meter in poetry by
reciting some from Frost and Dickinson set to other songs.  And the titles
Walter book-talked have been circulating, slowly but surely.

Walter was energetic and entertaining with every group.  I want to thank
Walter for sharing his time and love of books with us.  I want to thank
everyone that responded to my query and encouraged me to have him visit.

Cindy Rogers, Librarian

Weslaco East High School

Weslaco, TX