If you have wanted to start a blog and were befuddled somewhere around
'upload to your server', didn't want to be stuck with an uncontrolled
'next blog' link, or setup looked too confusing, try the new edublog.org
site <http://edublogs.org/>.

Easy address to post (yourrusername.edublog.org), setup is literally a
couple of minutes. You'll spend more time looking at all the default
styles and layouts available. (which you can change and modify anytime,
BTW). NO ADVERTS! And the best support I've seen for any of the blogging
software out there.  There are 90 blogs already running there, lots of
good ideas, places to connect.

One of the features you might want to consider using is the multiple
levels of users. Your assistant, bookclub, teen advisory group, etc
could login with a range of posting or editing or draft only
permissions.  Also, the comments are easy to control (can be set so you
must approve first for example.

I'll admit to a bit of bias here as I'm using Wordpress hosted on my own
site. That took maybe 5 minutes to setup (no including setting up host,
etc).

--
Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA