When I was a child (in the 60's) we could join a reading club through our library
where we had a card (8 1/2 by 11) with a picture printed on it.  One year it was
states, another it was Presidents of the US, another it was a bookworm and once it
was an Indian chief.  (Not sure that last one would be politically correct now.)

Anyway, on the back of the card were spaces for 28 titles and authors.  As we read
books, we kept track of our titles and glued a state in for each title, or a
President in, or a bookworm circle (for 5 books) or a feather for the head dress.

I can remember being so motivated to read enough to fill in all 50 states or all
the presidents.  I can also remember, choosing what state I would select next.  Big
Decision!

I would love to find some cards like these to use with my students, but haven't
seen any in years.  I do have 1 bookworm and some chief ones that my mother used
when she was librarian.

Does anyone else remember these and do you have any idea where to find them?  I
would especially like the states and capitols or the presidents.

Jan Cole
LMS
Horace Mann Elementary
Duncan, OK