Thank you so much to all who responded.   Any more ideas would still be
welcome off list!

"My HS library has space for 3 classes each hour of the day (6 hours).
Currently we use the traditional paper/pen method for teachers to sign
up for library sections.

Does anybody have suggestions for a scheduling program?  I can find the
traditional "office" type scheduler, but nothing that allows me the
ability to schedule 3 classes 6 hours a day."

Kristy Sandel, Librarian
Mason High School, Mason, MI
ksandel@mason.k12.mi.us

__________

We have had an online booking form for our main library and for AV
equipment for several year. Please check our library website:
http://www.eca.com.ve/library/ and click on the booking line at the
bottom right. The AV equipment form gets sent automatically to our AV
technician; the library booking form comes to my email address.

__________

We have an online calendar created in Microsoft Publisher that is posted
with staff given rights to view only.  After staff check the calendar,
they send me an email request with their times/dates.  I open the
calendar, schedule it and respond with the information that their
request has been honored or denyed (if denyed I include an explanation).
This has worked effectively for three years.
http://www.marinette.k12.wi.us/ms/lmc

__________

They have teachers sign up at the high school, though it isn't as easy
as it
could be.  They have a schedule posted, and teachers then request a
slot.
Check it out at
http://elps.k12.mi.us/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=2638&sc_id=1122926526&PHPSESSID=b23d1f80f3646c041b69bcc7cc7f5a4a

__________

There is a product in Australia called Bookit.
For further details go to the website at www.carobcom.com/bookit.htm

__________
You might want to look at what we did on our webpage.  The webmaster
found a freeware program she liked.  Then we customized it.  The key was
having a web address (library@mothermcauley.org) that delivered the
request to the 4 employees in the library.  Then if someone was absent
it didn't sit in "no man's land, lost in email cyberspace."  We took
turns looking at our mail within a 90 minute range.  We acknowledged
receipt of the request but often sent a second email confirming the
space since we needed to look at all the requests plus personnel
schedules out of the room or computer repairs or other conflicts.  I
also have a calendar that tries to reflect the current usage that
teachers can access.  Students use it to know whether that is the day
they go to the Library.  We are a college prep high school. Some of our
teachers objected to the loss of paper.  Once they discovered they could
do it from home or their classrooms, they became converts.  Those that
want assistance were welcome to come to the Library were we stood at
their shoulder and answered questions or just gave moral support.
http://www.mothermcauley.org
Select Library Resources in the left column