Last year on our Grandparents Day celebration, I was asked to provide a cart of
books for grandparents to read while their grandchildren took turns doing crafts in
our outdoor cafeteria.  We had a rare day of rain, so I grabbed the cart, the
students, and the grandparents and took them into the library.  The grandparents
loved the library, and I loved being able to show it off (I am being completely
objective when I say it's by far the most attractive room in the school!)

This year I'd like to do something different.  I was thinking of having students
interview their grandparents, using a form I'd create, but I thought I'd ask here,
since I know I'll get many creative ideas!  I'd like a short activity, then give
them time to share a book with their grandchild, and then make a shameless pitch
for birthday book donations!  Last year we had about 100 grandparents participate,
and we divided up into two groups.  We have kindergarteners through 5th graders at
our school.

I'll post a hit if there's a request.

Thanks in advance!

Mary