Dear Mary,

As part of our upcoming LifeQuest Expedition, we will be asking students
to take part in an authentic learning experience.  With guidance from the
National Institute on Aging, we have created a health and wellness survey
that students can administer to seniors in their own communities.  The
data that they collect will be shared with aging experts as part of a
national research project.  We have piloted the LifeBridge Study (to be
renamed the Generation Bridge) with 6th graders who said that it was easy
to use, fun, and took, on average, 30 minutes to complete.  We believe it
is a study that could be administered by 4th grade students and up.  The
questionnaire asks for details like history of smoking, current health
status (in generalities) and diet, as well as time spent with friends and
family, doing volunteer work, etc...

If you are interested in learning more, please register at
www.bluezones.com (for free).  The LifeBridge Study is located in the
Educators Section, in the Classroom.

To look at the PDF, go to:
http://www.bluezones.com/pdf/lifebridge_survey.pdf

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Best wishes,
Sarah
sarah@questnetwork.com
Blue Zones and LifeQuest Expedition