Atwater-Rhodes, Ameila._Snakecharm [Kieshra'Ra #2].
Delacorte, 2004 [0-385-73072-1]
In book two the avians and serpiente shapeshifters are
living in peace since their King and Queen (Zane & Danica)
have married.  But now Danica is pregnant.. how with a
half-breed heir to the throne be raised?  How will it be
able to rule?  The fragile peace is shaken by the arrival of
an ancient shapeshifting falcon looking for criminals from
her land.  Although it took a while for me to get back into
the story of this 167 page book, I was totally involved in
the tale soon enough.  It would be helpful for the reader if
the author made a list of characters designating them as
avians, serpiente or falcons and their place in the society.
 Of course now I can not wait for the third book.

 *****
Frederick Muller, Librarian
Halsted Middle School Library
Newton, NJ  07860