I asked this question over the Thanksgiving break, so many of you may have had your
subscription stopped during that time and missed it...so I will ask again:

I'm interested in knowing if there are any school librarians who are "podcasting"
their programs---visiting authors, book talks, book discussions, etc.? (I do
understand that many authors may not want their visits recorded, so I am actually
more likely to utilize this for special programs with the students....)

I am thinking of doing this for my book discussion groups (and other projects) and
wondered if others have done this for students (I know that there are projects that
librarians have shared for other librarians, but I'm interested in the
librarian-to-student aspects of podcasting.)  Most of my students have access to
iPods, so this is an opportunity that I thought would be a great way to incorporate
the library into the fiber of student technology.

Any one with ideas, advice or suggestions?  I'm hoping to try this in the spring
with my book discussion group and then take it a bit further later with other
projects that I think might be a great PR avenue for our library programs.

(Note:  I did get one response during the break from a public library with an
awesome Podcast of book reviews with their teens...and I'm interested...but what
about school libraries???)

Thanks!

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco, MLIS