 I think the normal criteria for judging resources would still fit. What
could make the process more difficult could be Authority. Is the blog
an official voice of an organization?  Or is it just sanctioned by the
body?  An immediate example could be the SLJ blog
<http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/blog/620000062.html?nid=2693>;
would a quote or statistic from there be as valid as one from the
journal (online or print)?

Or what about an unofficial blog written by a known authority ? As an
example:  How about Weblogg-ed, by Will Richardson? As authoritative as
something written by him and published in say, THE Journal or MultiMedia
& Internet@Schools? Same credentials, what is missing is the editorial
review process.

Or, how about Letters to the Editor in print v. on the newspaper's
online presence? Do they bear the same editorial scrutiny?  Obviously,
an unmoderated discussion board, even on the newspaper site,  wouldn't.

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu
Librarian in the Middle Blog: www.beiffert.net  robert@beiffert.net

It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.  -Eugene Ionesco

<snip>