Greetings:

We have been using a program called "Electronic Workbench
v1.5" to teach simple electronic circuits in our physics
classes. The kids drag onscreen schematic representations
for resistors, batteries, grounds, etc. onto a test bench,
connect them into circuits and then apply a specific voltage
to the circuit.  The software tells the student if the
circuit works, and other information as needed by the
onscreen test equipment (voltmeter, ampmeter, ohmeter, etc.)

This is an old DOS program from 1989!  The current version
is v9.0 and will cost $5700 to upgrade and $900/yr. for
license fees.  My principal just laughed when I gave him
that tidbit of information. ;-)

Soooo, is anyone using a (Windows) based program (to teach
simple electronic circuits) that they can recommend?  I have
found some freeware/shareware listed on the web, but I'm
looking for something that has been used in an educational
setting.  Even just a name would be great, I can follow-up
from there.  If there is enought interest, I'll post a
"hit."

Thanks,

Tim O'Shaughnessy
Library / Media Center