  I enjoyed your outlook on the situation. It always helps to have  sense of humor.

  Yes, I showed Elf through our in house system to 1/2 of one grade.  But since
they only had the DVD they went somewhere( and I really don't' know where)  and had
the DVD converted to VHS as my distribution system is old and for now only plays
VHS.  I would have thought it was created in a way to prevent this.

  The other half of the grade came to the library where we played the DVD of Elf
using a LCD projector and a nifty PA system.

  The Special Ed classes also watched the DVD but they used their TV to have the
close captioning.  So we are an equal opportunity school.

  But with state standards in place the past few years we do much less of this and
what is a teacher to do with a room full of crazy kids on the last day before
Christmas?  I also feel when I help the teachers in this little way it will come
back around to me in another, possiblity more academic, way.

  T.Magin

Tracy Magin,librarian
Walker-Grant Middle School
Fredericksburg, VA 22401