Thanks to everyone who sent me some input on ordering videos related to
literature for grades 4 & 5. Some of the replies were very helpful, but, at
the risk of sounding ungrateful to those who took the time to write, I think
I was not very clear on what I need from y'all. I can find plenty of videos
to order that look like they would be excellent, but my question is "Which
videos do you have that you know are well-made, true to the book, worth the
money??" Also, I should add that I would prefer G ratings as opposed to PG.

Here are the replies I received from my target of yesterday. I am hoping to
get some more input from y'all and I will post another hit. Thanks!

My students love the Encyclopedia Brown videos.

Top of my head, not a complete list of course, just may include some that
you may not have even thought about
Library Video Co. has a great catalog that you can just thumb through and
get excellent ideas   800-843-3620

Stuart Little
Jumanji
Goosebumps:  Haunted Mask I and II
Wizard of Oz
Nightmare before Christmas
James and the Giant Peach
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Phantom Tollbooth
Charlottes Web (Third Grade)

There are several videos based on the Dear America series.  They are short
enough to fit into a middle school class period so they are popular with our
teachers.  According to those who have shown them, these stories go over
well with both boys and girls even though the main character is a girl.

Titles we've found:

Color Me Dark
Dreams in the Golden Country
A Journey to the New World
A Picture of Freedom
So Far from Home
Standing in the Light
The Winter of Red Snow

Other videos we have that are based on children's books:

Shiloh and Shiloh 2
Harry Potter
Tuck Everlasting
Chronicles of Narnia
Hoboken Chicken Emergency
Sounder
Where the Red Fern Grows
Ransom of Red Chief
Stone Fox

Nancy: Match the videos to the language arts text--The Best School Year
Ever, Tuck Everlasting, Holes and so forth. Use amazon and www.half.com. You
can find some good buys using both if your district allows purchases online.
If not, do the purchases through the PTA.

Try   AIMS  literature series for children  different genres are
discussed.several on a video.

Nancy Dickinson, Librarian
Hillsboro Elem. School
Hillsboro, TN 37342