I just had a terrible experience with technology.  I was scheduled to do a
presentation for our staff.  I wanted to review the use of the online
catalog, as well as demo some e-books and online databases.  I tested every
site.  I practiced and had notes so that I would be able to fit a lot into a
small time.  I gathered the equipment; set it up and tested it.  Everything
worked ...  until showtime.  I can't figure out what went wrong.  I was
trying to demo sites that are standard, often used, and reliable. No special
settings needed on the computer, etc.  The network connection was there, and
the equipment seemed to be working.   But then the pages would only load so
far, and then they would stop.  It was not a good time of day for the
internet - 4:00pm in New York state.  I guess it was just a slow time for
page had actually loaded.  I wound up feeling pretty foolish - trying to
promote something that didn't actually work!   I guess the good news is that
tomorrow is likely to be better...

Beth McCheyne
Elementary Librarian
South Seneca Central School