I have a 2 part question:

Part 1:
I am currently researching "wikis" and "blogs".  Librarians teach
students a number of techniques for evaluating traditional web sites.
(Isn't it amazing that we have now reached the point where ANY web site
could be referred to as "traditional"?!)  Now I'd like to know if there
are evaluation techniques that would be unique to blogs?  For instance -
a url with the word blog in it is obvious
(http://www.baseballnews.blogspot.com/) - but I know there are many
blogs that do not have the word blog anywhere in the url.  Please
understand - I am not taking the stance that blogs are unreliable.  I
know that there are many very reliable blogs.  I just think it is
important that researchers know as much as possible about the sites they
are using.  To that end, I am looking for general hints to look for.
Hints that can be passed on to our naive student researchers.  With my
very limited knowlege, I have come up with only 2 geralities:

might have the word blog in the url
might have dated postings with comments linked to the posting

Are there any others?

Part 2
Could your direct me to some good quality blogs that you consider to be
dependable for research?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)