A request from a patron.  Can anyone help?

"My apologies for bothering you but I have exhausted all other avenues and hope you
may be able to help me. I was a student at Lombardy some time ago and had the
occasion to read a book that I am trying to locate for someone who is in a similar
situation. I'm afraid I don't remember the title or author, just the storyline, and
felt that someone might possibly remember one of them.
It's about a boy named Ted (I believe) who is a paperboy and befriends these 2 old
ladies living in poverty. One is nice, the other nasty, and one does not want to
accept charity by taking the food and money he brings while the other has no
problem with it. The ladies use Shakespeare to speak to him and he develops an
interest in Shakespeare as a result. He eventually finds out that the two ladies
are actually one person, a Shakespearan actress with mental problems, who dies and
leaves him a fortune.
I know it is unlikely the book is still there but am hoping that someone just might
remember some detail. I thought the title started with "The House on (blank)
Street" but I have not been able to locate it."

Any thoughts?
Marilyn Kulkarni, Librarian
PSduPont Elementary Wilmington, DE  mask1@comcast.net