Date:    Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:17:16 -0600
From:    "Sharron L. McElmeel" <mcelmeel@MCELMEEL.COM>
Subject: Re: Joan Hiatt Harlow's Thunder from the Sea

Very interesting -- but then what causes a dog to howl when someone
dies?  There must be more than just the sound -- or something
completely different happening here.  I thought the howling dog
stories were folklore until my uncle died in our home and his dog who
had absolutely no way of realizing that his master had died....  The
dog had never been in the house -- he was housed in a warm garage
attached to the house, Uncle Arnie was in a room far removed from the
garage -- but literally 5 seconds after Uncle Arnie closed his eyes
and breathed his last breath the dog started howling and did not stop
until the mortuary arrived and took him.
Mysteries intrigue me!
Sharron