I put all the graphic novels in a section at the end of our regular fiction
section. Physically, it was the best area for promotion
and organization. We used GN for prefix.  There are a couple of anomalies in our
cataloging that way - the 9/11 Artists Responds for
example, but I think those get better circulation than if they were in history, or
social sciences sections.

A project we're starting soon is to move all the Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, etc
from 741 to the 800's with rest of humor books.

Robert Eiffert, Librarian
Pacific Middle School, Vancouver WA
Pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library
Beiffert at egreen wednet edu