Look at Stephen Krashen's website for his metanalysis of the AR research.
See also the article by Pavonetti et al in last year's JOURNAL OF
ADOLESCENT AND ADULT LITERACY that deals with the same topic.  Neither, by
the way, confirms the research the company cites on its own web site in
toto.

teri
On Thu, January 13, 2005 3:03 pm, Teresa Marler said:
> Can anyone direct me to specific research that reveals that the =
> Accelerated Reader program improves student test scores in reading?  I =
> have documentation from Renaissance Learning.  I need a less biased =
> source. =20
>
> Teresa W. Marler
> Librarian
> Robert E. Ellis Middle School
> Hendersonville, TN
> marlert@k12tn.net

> All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.
> LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
> Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
> EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://elann.biglist.com/el-announce/
> LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html

Teri S. Lesesne
Sam Houston State University
Department of Library Science
MAKING THE MATCH:  THE RIGHT BOOK FOR THE RIGHT READER AT THE RIGHT TIME
Stenhouse (2003)

Blog site:  http://www.livejournal.com/users/professornana/

This email was sent using SamMail.
   Sam Houston State University