I just went to the archives and couldn't find any hits on sources of MARC
records that were less than four years old.  I have been purchasing MARC
records from Marcive, but find that there are quite a few they don't have.
My stack of "not in Marcive" books includes Pokemon chapter books, My First
Pocket Guides from National Geographic, some titles in Spanish
(translations of Captain Underpants, Junie B Jones and the like)and an easy
chapter book series from Scholastic titled Little Animal Ark.

Is this the kind of stuff I'd have to catalog myself anyway?  Is there a
better place to buy MARC records that has a better hit rate?  I cannot copy
MARC records by hand, am squeaking by this way as it is (no aide, covering
teacher prep times).  It has taken me nearly five months to deal with the
backlog of uncataloged books from last June.  Any thoughts on this would be
greatly appreciated!!

Johanna Halbeisen
Woodland School Library (K-4)
Southwick, MA 01077