I'm doing a webquest of the Holocaust for a 7th grade project and wanted
to put some photographs on the webquest website.  Are there any online
sources of photographs that are available for this type of project that
would not require permission?

I've seen various webquests online with photographs taken from inside
concentration camps, from historical documentaries, etc., but I
questioned if the photos were being used legally --- or if they were
owned by other groups.   The photographs that I want to use are
basically to give the webquest more "visual appeal" and will not be used
by the students (which might be legal as a presentation) --- this is for
the webquest website only.

I want to make sure that what we provide for the students (modeling the
correct format) while they investigate and do research include photos
that are within the guidelines of copyright.

Thanks!

~Shonda Brisco
Trinity Valley MS / US Librarian
Fort Worth, TX