We have some parents who are so heavily involved in activities (such as
the AR program) that it becomes an issue with them when their children
aren't doing as well as the others...

For example, last year I had a parent question the validity of a
student's reading scores (from the tests taken) because the parent was
"just amazed" that this child would be reading SO much and at such an
alarming rate without some "help" somewhere.  (The child in question
does read well and is reading continuously, regardless of the AR
program---he just reads anything and the tests are taken only because
they are required by the teacher...if he wasn't "slowed down" by the
testing process, he'd be reading another book.)  The parent (and her
child) actually stood in the library and accused this "good reader" of
cheating when there was no proof or evidence that this had occurred.

Anyway, I was wondering if there were others out there who have the same
types of problems and what you have done to eliminate the
competitiveness among the parents with these things?  (I feel sorry for
some of the kids, actually!)

You may respond privately, if you want.

Thanks!

~Shonda Brisco