Hi everyone,

Late last night I finished editing a podcast called Anatomy of a CNN
Interview.

http://www.andycarvin.com/podcasts/cnn-interview.mp3

It's about my adventure on Wednesday running into Boston to do a
last-minute
interview with CNN. A CNN producer had called me earlier in the day
wanting to talk to me about the digital divide implications of the new
Mac Mini computer, Apple's first low-cost computer. I didn't expect to
do an actual interview with them because they were hoping to do it in
New York, so I went into a meeting for a couple of hours.

Coming out of the meeting I found a message from the producer asking me
if I could be at a TV studio at 1:15pm; it was now almost 2pm.
Frantically I called her up and asked if we could still do it; she said
they'd rescheduled the studio time to 2:45pm. This gave me less than 45
minutes to get to Boston from suburban Newton -- on public
transportation, no less.

Since I had my iPod with me, I decided to make an audio diary about the
experience, from the painfully slow commuter train to getting lost in
downtown to the interview itself. The podcast is a bit of a departure
from my previous Internet radio programs in that it's a bit
tongue-and-cheek, and it incorporates sone if my own music remixes,
courtesy of the Creative Commons/Wired Magazine music CD. All of the
songs on the CD can be re-used for sampling purposes, so I took full
advantage of it.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new podcast. -ac
--
Andy Carvin