Thank you to all responded to my request about Book Fair info!

Here were some of the suggestions for the middle school book club reading that I
intend on using:

Flipped
Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
City of Ember
Double Dutch - has discussion questions in the back of his books
House of the Scorpion
No More Dead Dogs
Golden Compass
I am David
Eragon

I got a variety of ideas from you all!
-Bagels and Books or Breakfast and Books. Participants contribute $2.00 to help
defray the costs.
-One possibility, instead of having everyone read and discuss the same book, they
do book related activities like Pictionary, Jeopardy, and Millionaire (using Power
Point templates).  - Draw 4 or 5 names from a hat.  These students share the book
they are reading at the moment - a good time saver if you have a big group.

- Book talking the new books added to the library so as they get the first chance
at checking them out (which is a big deal to your good customers). Discussions take
place about the particular book(s) students are reading on their own and then the
rest of the time allotted is spent snacking and doing various book-related
activities.

-Newbery Bingo
-Hangman using titles of books
-I think I will try and team up with one of the Reading or English Teachers to help
me network out a little bit.
-Did I mention snacks?!!

 Thanks everyone for your ideas and guidance!

Cathy Reid - SMS
Salk Middle School, Levittown, NY
creid@levittown.k12.ny.us