Dear All:

Are you an ALAN member? (for those of you who don't know, ALAN is the Assembly on
Literature for Adolescents of NCTE, and NCTE is the National Council of Teachers of
English).

I have recently been elected to the ALAN Board of Directors and have been asked to
research information for the ALAN website's SPEAKERS BUREAU.  Therefore, I'm trying
to contact ALAN members to see if you are available as guest speakers at
conferences, universities, etc.   If you are, and if you'd like to be listed on the
ALAN website, could you please contact me?

I will need information to put on the website (your address, phone number, snail
mail address, email address, and website if you have one. I'll also need to know
what your honorarium is. Please be aware that we will ask you to contribute to ALAN
10% of the honorarium for each guest appearance arranged through the ALAN website.
In turn, those monies will go back into the ALAN membership by way of grants, etc.

So if you are an ALAN member, and if you wish to be on the ALAN website's SPEAKERS
BUREAU, please contact me at telephone 718 857 7605 or email me at
BalkinBuddies@aol.com.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,
Catherine Balkin
ALAN Board of Directors
telephone 718 857 7605
email BalkinBuddies@aol.com

P.S. If you wish to to join ALAN, go to http://www.alan-ya.org/index.php, where you
can download a membership form.  The cost is $20 per year, and with membership,
you'll receive a subscription to the flagship journal The ALAN Review.