Several people have responded that if the book if that old, they would
discard it. I would under normal circumstances. However, this is my first
year at these schools and I've already discarded a huge amount of books.
In science, I have discarded almost everything more than 35 years old
(except field guides that have good pictures of animals, plants, rocks,
etc. which are still valid). This was about 2/3 of our collection in the
500's and 600's. If I'd discarded everything more than 25 years old, I'd
have just about 200 books in those areas (I did a quick count just now).
So I settled for discarding most everything before 1970 and a few after
such as STD books which don't contain HIV/AIDS information. Given the
state of the budgets here and the fact that we haven't had a librarian for
a few years, the collections are a mess.

All that said, the World's Fair book is interesting and might find some
readers even though it's old. I know about promoting the book which I will
do, but it's not possible to promote all of the books in your library. So
I try to place them where they'll be found while browsing....

Apparently the non-abridged Dewey places it in 907 while the abridged
doesn't address World's Fair's at all. I'll probably end up putting it in
909.

Thanks for your help, :)
Julie

Julie Olson, Librarian