Date:  January 29, 2005
Subject:  Hit More books on Blindness
From:  Connie Cauvel  CCauvel@aol.com

 We have an excellent Blind Author in Pittsburgh who's name is Sally Hobart
Alexander.  She has been one of our  visiting authors in our Elementary and
Middle schools and she comes with her seeing eye dog.   Sally has written several
excellent books on  blindiness  including:

    Mom's Best Friend      Nonfiction  for elementary
    Mom Can't See Me            "        "            "

    Taking Hold, My Journey into Blindness   Chaper Books for Middle School
and above
    On My Own,  the Journey Continues

    Do You Remember the Color Blue?  And Other Questions Kid's ask about
Blindness
         (This is her latest book)

If you need more information about Sally Hobart Alexander, please feel free
to contact me.  I wrote a grant to have her visit our school this year, because
we have a student who is blind and several other students who are facing life
with challenges.

Connie Cauvel
Franklin Regional School District
Heritage Elementary