For those of you who asked me to post a hit, there is little I can offer.  I
searched the Net and
although I found a number of papers, most of them seemed to be a copy and paste of
each other and
all referred back to

Farrald, Robert R., Shamber, Richard G., A Diagnostic and Prescriptive Technique: A
Mainstream
Approach to Identification, Assessment and Amelioration of Learning Disabilities.
Sioux Falls, South
Dakota, Adapt Press 1973.

who suggested that 80% of learning was via the eyes (although the more senses
involved the more
powerful the experience) and that 40% of people are primarily visual learners,
rather than audial or
kinesthetic.

Any other references would be good.
Barbara